jcunningham

James S.A. Corey
You
The Shining Girls

How Stella Got Her Groove Back

How Stella Got Her Groove Back - Terry McMillan Retroactive rating based on memories of more than a decade ago: I spent a week reading this when it came out in the summer of 1996 because my friend Julie told me to. This is notable because I was the only 15-year-old suburban white male in the world who spent a week in the summer of 1996 reading How Stella Got Her Groove Back.I kept thinking that Terry McMillan's recent sequel to Waiting to Exhale was actually a sequel to this book, which sounded like a bad idea to me, since this one is pretty much based on the author's life and the Jamaican dreamboat that gave Stella her groove back subsequently reclaimed said groove by admitting that he's gay and married her for a green card, and [b:How Stella Sued Her Former Husband for $40 Million for an Intentional Strategy to Embarrass and Humiliate Her During Divorce Proceedings|1997721|Just Kidding (Just)|Andy Griffiths|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61WTWqh2dML._SL75_.jpg|2001500] didn't sound as sassy or romantic.